Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beckham makes bow in AC Milan win

Share


David Beckham played for 45 minutes on his AC Milan debut as the Serie A giants beat Hamburg 4-3 on penalties following a 1-1 friendly draw in Dubai.

The former England captain started the game in a Milan team that also featured Massimo Ambrosini and Andrea Pirlo.

Ronaldinho put the Rossoneri ahead with a 63rd-minute penalty, but Collin Benjamin equalised four minutes later.

Beckham joined Milan on loan from US side LA Galaxy in a bid to prove his fitness and regain his England place.

The 33-year-old is due to stay at the Italian side until March, when the US season resumes, and could make his Serie A debut when Milan play Roma on Sunday.

And he will join the late Bobby Moore as England's second-highest appearance maker behind Peter Shilton if he features against Spain on 11 February.

The ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder has made no secret of his desire to continue playing for his country.

Making an impact in Italy would undoubtedly help his cause, but Beckham has insisted he did not move to the San Siro purely to stay in Capello's plans.

"I didn't join Milan just for that reason," said Beckham. "I have never played in Italy and I think it's one of the best leagues in the world.

"I want to concentrate on working with the team. I am willing to work really hard for my place in the squad.

"I always try to have no regrets in life, or in my career. I made the decision to go to LA two years ago and I've had a good time there."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing