Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sneijder hopes to meet Real in final

Share


Inter playmaker Wesley Sneijder hopes to meet his old club Real Madrid in the final of the UEFA Champions League this season.

The Dutchman was surplus to requirements after Real went on a world-record buying spree that saw the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka join the Whites.

Sneijder has since jumped ship to join Jose Mourinho's Inter and has taken Serie A by storm. Despite his good start in Italy, Sneijder told Sky Sports News that he cannot stop thinking about Real.

"I played there for two years, I always follow their results. I had a very good relationship with all my team-mates and I wish them all the best, but I feel really good in this city and this team, now is not the time to look back," said the Dutchman.

"Playing against them would obviously be special and I hope it happens in the Champions League final. It would be nice and I would hope to win it."

On the differences between the Spanish and Italian leagues, Sneijder said, "I don't think there are major differences. They are both difficult leagues. Perhaps in Spain there's more technique, but in Italy it's very tough, there's a lot of battling and, especially for us midfielders, it's very difficult, you have to find the right solution quickly or you are fouled."

Asked if there are many teams stronger than Inter in the Champions League, he said, "No, I don't think there are many teams stronger than Inter, because everyone in the world talks about Barcelona, but they only managed a 0-0 draw against us.

"I think it was a good result. If everyone says Barcelona is the strongest team in the world, then we are also one of them because we drew against them. The Champions League is different from the Italian league, certainly because there are many strong teams, but to win it you need a great team, as well as a bit of luck.

"Why can Inter win the Champions League? Because I think we have a very strong defence, a good midfield and fantastic strikers. With this combination you can win the Champions League."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing