Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Messi: I’d pay to watch Ron dazzle

Share

Messi
Lionel Messi has admitted that he would pay out of his own wallet to watch Cristiano Ronaldo rip apart defences at Old Trafford.

Messi takes on Manchester United in the Champions League final in Rome, to what should be the climax to an exciting season.

The Argentine maestro has admitted that Sir Alex Ferguson's men have class written all over them, but Ronaldo is the gem that shine the most.

While Messi believes that it is important to shackle Ronaldo at the Stadio Olimpico, he knows that it will be vital to slow down Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Carlos Tevez.

"Manchester United have quality everywhere," Messi told the Daily Mail. "So many good players. But if I had to pick one out it would be Ronaldo."

"He is a player I would pay to watch."

"He and I are very different players but he is unbelievable, very special, and it will not be easy to stop him," added the Argentine international. "But we must not pay all attention to him and forget about Berbatov, Rooney and Carlos Tevez."

"Manchester United have players all over the pitch who can punish you in the same way we have."

Messi then reiterated his allegiance to La Blaugrana stressing he wants to retire a Catalan.

The youngster has been the subject of an unbelievable move to Primera Liga rivals Real Madrid, but he has not even thought about leaving the Nou Camp.

"I have said so many times that I am so happy at Barcelona, and I have no desire to ever leave," he continued. "I owe them so much. I want to repay them for the rest of my career. I am loyal to Barcelona."

"The doctors at home in Argentina told my parents I would never grow past 4ft 5in."

"The medical bills were very high. My father took on other jobs but even then it was not enough for the other bills," said Messi. "Nobody else was prepared to take a chance on me apart from Barcelona and if it was not for them I would not even be a professional football player."

Meanwhile, the midfield wizard is hoping that Andres Iniesta and Thierry Henry will be fit for the end-of-season extravaganza.

"Iniesta has had a spectacular season and it's the same with Henry, who has scored a lot of goals. It will be a lot easier if they are there," he told Sport. "I hope that both can be in the final, they are very important and deserve to play in a game like this. It would be very good."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing