Saturday, June 6, 2009

Perez to lure Ronaldo with a smile

Share

Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid's pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo will be conducted with the utmost professionalism according to Florentino Perez.

The recently installed Madrid president is in the midst of reviving the galactico era at the Bernabeu, and with the arrival of Kaka virtually guaranteed, Perez has now turned his attention to Manchester United's prized asset - just as Madrid did last summer.

However, unlike that previous transfer saga - a long and protracted tale of claims, counterclaims and downright bitterness - the Madrid supremo is adamant that things will be done the right way this time around as they attempt to secure the services of player who has a £80 million buyout clause in his United contract.

"From what I hear, there is an agreement between the player and his club," Perez told The Times newspaper.

"If one day there is a chance of him playing for Real Madrid, that would be an honour for us.

"But if I had to choose between the friendship with Manchester United and the signing of Ronaldo, I would choose the friendship.

"Plus, I have never said that Cristiano will arrive in June. That is an arrogant and false statement.

"Cristiano is, of course, a player we are interested in, he is one of the best in the world."

Not that Perez is intending to stop with Ronaldo.

Bayern Munich ace Franck Ribery, Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso and Valencia favourite David Villa are also on his radar, although Perez is determined to make friends throughout all of Real's transfer negotiations over the coming weeks.

"I shall be talking with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, and their chief executive David Gill to build bridges," he said.

"If we sign Kaka from Milan, I can assure you that we will still have a very good relationship with their general manager Adriano Galliani.

"Of course, we want the best players to join us here - but only if their club wants to sell them. Ask Gill, David Dein and Roman Abramovich.

"I have an excellent relationship with them and it is essential to me that continues. I represent a club where elegance and gentlemanliness has been always our flag.

"Ronaldo or whoever will come if their club wants to sell. To force through a situation is very bad for our image. If someone has acted in that way at some point, I offer my apologies and can assure you that it will not happen again."

"I am not a betting man, but whatever happens I will still leave friends in Manchester."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing