Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pep: We'll be going to Munich to win

Share


Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola warned his side are not yet through to the semi-finals despite beating Bayern Munich 4-0.
A brace from Lionel Messi plus goals from Samuel Eto'o and Thierry Henry secured a convincing Champions League first leg win at the Nou Camp but Guardiola insists Barca will not rest on their laurels in next week's return leg in at the Allianz Arena.

"Four-nil puts us in a strong position but we still have a tough match in Munich to play," he said.

"It's a very good result and I'm happy. I don't know what (Bayern) will do (next week) but we'll be going there to win the game and I will convince my players of the importance of the game.

"I am happy with everything but especially how we kept the ball moving. They have very dangerous players who can cause us problems, but they were hardly able to attack us at all tonight."

One decision Guardiola was unhappy about was the booking for Messi after the referee adjudged him to have dived in the penalty area, and the Barca boss was sent to the stands for his protests.

"It was a penalty," said Guardiola. "It was so clear and the referee knows it too. The official asked me to calm down but I'm like that, I lose it sometimes like anybody.

"I was angry with the decision."

The Spaniard insists he is not concerned which team Barca will meet in the last four, although it will likely be Chelsea, who won 3-1 at Liverpool tonight.

"Both teams are strong," he added. "Chelsea won tonight but Liverpool could win next week. We'll see what happens.

"We'll just try and win our game and go through and then we can think about the next match."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing