Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Torres wants to leave Anfield

Share


Spanish star striker Fernando Torres is ready to abandon English giants Liverpool for a move to Italy or Germany.

The Kop idol had made himself a cult hero at Anfield but seems to have his sights set on the Bundesliga and Serie A.

The Daily Mail reported that Torres wants to have a go at the Italian and German leagues in order to satisfy his desire to have a complete resume.

Speaking in an interview with Don Balon magazine, Torres said: 'Within a few years I would like to play in Italy, try Serie A football in order to complete my c.v by experiencing spells in all three big European leagues - the Spanish one, the English one and the Italian one, and the German one is also a good league,

'Moves are part of football and even if I do not want to do it for the sake of it, I would like to go to Italy and Germany before I return to Spain, to play for Atletico of course.

'To me Bayern Munich is a very attractive club, even if moving there would be far into the future.'

Speaking out on the interest shown by Spanish giants Real Madrid, the striker was adamant that he will never be spotted in the white Los Merengues jersey.

'To me, Real Madrid are not bigger than anyone. They are like Barcelona, Milan, Bayern, Inter...They are another great team,' he said. 'I do not pay much attention to them but to my past as a Rojiblanco (Atletico player).

'I would say yes to my girlfriend, not to him (Perez) because I cannot see myself playing for Real Madrid.'

Clubs like Bayern Munich will be delighted with Torres' comments but whether Rafa Benitez is ready to let his prize asset jump ship is another matter.

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing