Friday, December 5, 2008

Nedved Hoping To End Juventus Career In Rome

Share


Czech Fury’s Italian adventure started at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome and he believes that destiny wants him to call it a day on the same pitch...

Pavel Nedved has often stated his desire to lift the Champions Legue trophy before hanging up his boots.

And seeing as he is expected to bow out of the beautiful game at the end of this season, next May’s showpiece event at the Stadio Olimpico will be his last shot to hoist the ‘big-eared’ cup, as he likes to call it.

“I should not say this, but I think that each one of us is guided by fate,” he mused, speaking to Tuttosport.

“I played my first game in Italy in the same ground that will host the Champions League final next May. It would be a wonderful way to wrap things up…”

Juventus lost to Inter in the Derby d’Italia earlier this month and are now six point adrift of the leaders, but the 36-year-old is confident the Old Lady will soon reduce the gap between themselves and the Nerazzurri.

“It’s not up to me to say whether we need reinforcements in January,” he stated, “I just know that we are already strong now and will be even more next season, as more champions will come in.

“I have faith in the future of this club, because we have several young talents.”

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing