Monday, December 8, 2008

United Can Retain Champions League Crown - Giggs

Share


Manchester United's legendary midfielder Ryan Giggs remains confident that the club have what it takes to hold on to the Champions League trophy.

However, the 35-year-old says it will not be easy as clubs are more determined to claim victory over the current champions.

"We knew it would be tough because every team is out to beat the holders," Giggs said when asked about their chances this year.

"You have got to remember what it took to win the Champions League. It wasn't easy. It was tough right from the start.

"We need to use the experience we had last year and keep the desire and the hunger because we have already proved the talent is there.

"With all those things we have a great chance."

The former Wales international has become one of the club's most celebrated players since making his debut as a 17-year-old in the 1990-1991 season.

However, Giggs says he never dreamt that he would go on to become such a success.

"As a Manchester United fan I used to go and watch them play," he remarked.

"I signed for them when I was 14 and have not played for another team.

"It wasn't until I was leaving school, when I knew that I would be going on to an apprenticeship at United, that I knew this was going to be my career.

"Before that you don't take anything for granted, you know there are not many people that make professional footballers."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing