Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baptista on revenge mission

Share


Roma midfielder Julio Baptista is eager for revenge against Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League.

The Brazilian spent the 2006/07 season on loan at Arsenal from Real Madrid and lost a controversial League Cup final against the Blues in that campaign.

Baptista has since joined Roma on a permanent transfer and, having recovered from injury, he is ready to face Chelsea on Tuesday in Group A of Europe's premier club competition.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's Premier League outfit are as good as through to the last 16 if they win in Rome and Baptista is desperate to halt that progress, while at the same time boosting his side's hopes.

"I am eager to play against Chelsea," he told skysports.com.

"The match is very important because we need three points in the race to reach the second phase of the competition.

"For me it would be a special match. I remember my stay with Arsenal and the enormous rivalry with the Blues.

"Chelsea were responsible for my defeat in the final of the League Cup. If Roma win it is a little revenge for me."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing