Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Am Going Nowhere - Henry

Share


Thierry Henry has dismissed reports linking him with a return to England and stated that he wants to stay at Barcelona and win the league and cup double.

The French forward has been linked with a move to Chelsea in January, but he refuted the stories and reiterated that he is very happy with how things are going at Camp Nou this season.

After a frustrating first term at Barça, Henry now wants to prove himself to the club's fans by becoming a key figure in Pep Guardiola's resurgent side.

"I am very clear about this and I am happy here. I do not see myself playing in England. I could maybe do some great things in England, but I have not won anything with Barça and I have to stay," he told Catalan television's Hora Q programme.

"It is not that I really want the Champions League, it is because I want to win the league and Copa del Rey.

"I am happy, yes. I have said so many times. I like the city, the food and the climate.

"When I put on the Barcelona shirt before going out on to the pitch it is an incredible moment. Last year it was not so incredible, but it was an honour to play."

Henry then admitted that he knows that he cannot demand to play in a more central role in the team, having spent the majority of his time at the club on the wing, because he believes Samuel Eto'o is the best striker in the world.

"I do not want it to sound like an excuse, but we have showed this season that we if we play like a team then we can win trophies," he continued. "Having the best players in the world does not guarantee you anything.

"We do have to recognise though, that we do have some of the best players in the world and the best striker in the world in Samuel.

"He is a much better central striker than me and we are fortunate that he stayed.

"It is normal that after what happened last year they were not happy. I was also angry with myself. The fans have to know that we do not go home feeling happy if we have not played well.

"Everyone new that it was difficult to explain why we did not win anything with the squad that we had, but now we are playing as a team we can change that."

Comparisons are still made between the player that Barcelona have seen and the player that made his name at Arsenal, but Henry wants to seperate the two.

"I do not want to enter into this debate again. At Arsenal that coach asked me to do different things. I used to run in behind the defennce and here they want me out wide," he added.

"That is normal and I will do what they want me to in the team. I know that Sam is a stronger forward than me to play there."

0 Comments:

World Of Currencies | Formula One RAcing